A Place to Call Home
Silverleaf Eldercare at Anderson Mill offers a truly unique senior care experience. Seniors can feel safe and supported with 24-hour care, while also enjoying the freedom they deserve within beautiful spaces. Whether a resident wishes to organize a family get together in a cozy private living area, or simply relax and socialize with friends on the stunning outdoor deck, Anderson Mill will allow them to do so in safety, style and comfort.
Although Anderson Mill is a Type B home in Austin (License #131205), it resembles a large family house. The lack of signage is by design, to help convey the feeling of being part of a family. Each bedroom is private, with some having adjoining bathrooms. Due to the home’s small size, caregivers in Anderson Mill can truly ‘attend’ to each resident’s unique needs. Daily blood pressure, pulse and blood sugar readings help us consistently monitor the current physical status of our residents.
Health & Wellness Services
- Daily meals prepared fresh and served in the dining room.
- 24-hour staffing- overnight caregiver always available.
- Assistance with personal care, such as incontinence care, bathing, dressing, and grooming as needed.
- Laundry services provided.
- Medications are supervised and prescription ordering is completed by a Licensed Vocational Nurse, visiting physician, or psychiatrist as needed.
- Fire/Smoke detectors and sprinkler system through the home.
- 24-hour outside monitoring of emergency system.
Amenities of Our Home
All of our Austin, TX residential care homes go above and beyond to meet our residents’ needs, including:
- Private living/dining rooms for family reunions and special occasions.
- Spacious private and semi-private rooms.
- All rooms have cable television.
- We encourage the addition of your own furnishings and personal items to obtain that “at home” feeling.
- Call/help buttons in all resident beds and bathrooms.
- Variety of room sizes for single, double or married occupancy.
- Wheelchair and walker-friendly hallways, living rooms, and bathrooms.
- Dining room menu varies from day to day.
- 24-hour staffing.
- Beautifully landscaped, spacious backyard with deck, and 8-foot privacy fence. Garden area is available and encouraged.
- Individual temperature controls in each room.
- Human centric lighting with circadian reset.
- “Don’t Go Viral” commercial HVAC air purification system.
Can Count On
At Anderson Mill, quality senior living is a priority, which is why staff meetings are held on-site on a monthly basis. These meetings allow us to deliver vital staff training and acquaint our team with key issues affecting residents. During these meetings, we discuss topics from Alzheimer’s disease and hospice care to general safety issues that require constant monitoring. With these monthly meetings, we can ensure our knowledge stays up-to-date and relevant to best serve the seniors in our valued family.
Besides monthly meetings, caregivers at Silverleaf Eldercare’s Anderson Mill assisted living community are encouraged to discuss any issues they may have. This open forum helps caregivers to stay as informed as possible on any changes in our residents’ health status. By liaising with residents, family caregivers, doctors, and other key healthcare providers in open discussion, we aim to empower our residents and allow them to take an active and valued role in their own care.